Holiday Fire Safety in Virginia Beach
Cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires. During this time of year, you will find that you are using your cooking equipment more often while hosting family and friends, and fire precautions should be top of mind.
You may experience a flood of emotions if a fire damages your home or business. There might be fear, stress, and uncertainty about the future of the property. Here at SERVPRO of Virginia Beach, we have a restore not replace attitude and our number one goal is to get everything back to preloss condition. We strive not only to restore your property, but your piece of mind as well. If you experience a fire, the following tips may help reduce damage and increase chances of a successful restoration.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted services.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls and holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wipe soot from chrome kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances. Then protect these surfaces with a light coating of a lubricant.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting into the HVAC system.
After the first wave of heroes have secured the building, Call SERVPRO of Virginia Beach professionals and let us help make it “Like it never even happened.” 757-431-1400