Did you know that SERVPRO of Virginia Beach can restore your documents after a fire?
Did you know that SERVPRO of Virginia Beach Can Restore Your Documents After a Fire?
We want our customers taken care of in their most vulnerable time of need, that is why we offer the services that we do: emergency mitigation, fire and water restoration, mold remediation, and so much more. However, one item that often is overlooked after are our customer’s paper documents and records.
If you are not familiar with it, here is an overview.
SERVPRO of Virginia Beach’s Commercial Large Loss Division (CLLD) offers four services: Vacuum Freeze Drying, Gamma Irradiation, Digitizing, and Certified Destruction. Vacuum Freeze Drying is the most effective way to salvage water damaged documents. The saturated documents are immediately frozen and shipped from the loss site to our Corporate office where they are dried via sublimation. Sublimation is the process of solid ice converting directly to the gas state bypassing the liquid state. This prevents further damage to the water-logged documents. This process takes between 7-10 days depending on the severity and the number of documents affected. Gamma Irradiation is a process that is used for cleaning/disinfecting and decontaminating documents. In a CAT 3 situation (sewage or flood water), documents are not only deteriorating but are also contaminated with all types of bacteria. Using high-energy photons, the bacteria is killed at the molecular level. There is no fear of residual radiation or contamination, so don’t worry, you won’t turn into the Incredible Hulk. If you want to go digital with your records, we can do that too.
To bullet point and sum up the above article:
- Drying- process in which an item containing moisture is frozen and dried using vacuums and pressures to achieve sublimation (A process in which a substance is converted directly from a solid to a gas or from a gas to a solid without an intermediate liquid phase.) Note: Damaged documents should be frozen as quickly as possible to stabilize them and prevent further damage.
- Cleaning- we offer onsite cleaning. This is cleaning each document front and back to remove debris and any surface particulate.
- Sterilization- Gamma Irradiation is a process that is used for disinfecting and decontaminating documents or other consumer goods.
- Deodorization- once paper has been wet, an odor can begin to form. Letting us deodorize your documents will reduce the odor and sometimes almost eliminate it.
- Destruction- we offer destruction onsite.
- Digitization- digitizing documents makes them easier to access as well as easier to store. We use state-of-the-art equipment to turn your paper copy into a digital file.
If you find yourself in need of saving damaged documents, SERVPRO of Virginia Beach and we will make it "Like it never even happened."