Are Your Ducts in Order?
Did you know, your ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality?? Inspecting the ductwork in your facility or home should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention.
Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout a building or home.
Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may even save money. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary.. calling a professional to inspect your system and ductwork to make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns is a good idea. Regular inspections can save money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Virginia Beach use a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing dust and grime. The process is as follows;
- The process begins using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ductwork to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97% of the particles in the air stream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will be either cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
This Duct Cleaning System is proven and cost efficient.
Contact SERVPRO of Virginia Beach for more information or toschedule a duct cleaning appointment. 757-716-8785