Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Disasters happen at all hours of the day or night. That's why SERVPRO of Virginia Beach is always ready and here to help at any time of the day to quickly respond to your water damage with the necessary amount of equipment needed to get the job done right. We have enough tools to handle any size loss no matter how small or large the damage is. Within the last few years, we acquired a state of the art piece of equipment, this commercial trailer houses a 5000 CFM Desiccant, capable of drying a medium to large commercial building, and a 150kw generator. Together, this trailer of equipment can conveniently save both time and money when it matters most.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call us today- (757) 431-1400
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (757) 431-1400
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.